Motorists can enjoy a smooth and safer ride on Highway 212 from Cologne to Norwood Young America, and bikers and walkers can enjoy the new walking trail and underpass under Highway 212 as crews complete work for 2020. Since June, crews worked to:
- Repave Highway 212 between Highway 5/25 and Highway 36 in Cologne
- Construct pedestrian underpass and trails
- Construct Reduced Conflict Intersection (RCI)
- Close Morse St. access south of Highway 212
- Replace signals, add turn lanes and update ADA to meet current standards
The project is substantially complete with some minor work that will be completed in Spring 2021. Motorists can expect short-term lane closures in the spring.